First Steps to Take When Someone Passes Away
- If the death occurs at a private residence or at the scene of an accident, call 911 to report the death.
- If the death occurs and in-home hospice is available or it occurs at a medical facility, they will contact the authorities and report it.
- Call Rocky Mountain Calvary to receive the on-call pastor’s contact information: 719-597-1133 and press “2” to get the emergency number. The Pastor on-call can be there to minister to you and your family as you navigate this difficult time.
- Call relatives for moral support.
- The Life Events Coordinator (see below) and staff is available to help you coordinate and prepare for the service.
- Call the funeral home of your choice to start the burial/cremation process.
If your loved one has passed away, we would like to come alongside you in this very trying time. We understand that grieving is difficult, and planning a service while grieving can be even more demanding – we want to make it easier on you and your family in any way that we can. Our desire is to support you as you go through this process and we pray God will meet you, give you comfort and peace as you mourn.
“I will lift up my eyes to the hills—From whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth.”
-Psalm 121:1-2 NKJV
If you choose to have a service here we will come alongside you, pray with you, and love you as we plan this celebration of life. All memorial services and funerals are free of charge to you. You can call to inquire about our availability (see below). Our event calendar is on a first-come-first-serve basis, and we will try our best to meet your requested date(s) and time(s), but we may need flexibility from you.
We are not a funeral home and therefore are unable to do burials, cremations, paperwork, permits, etc. We solely provide a place to have a service for your loved one. However, we can work with the funeral home of your choice if you desire to have a casket here during the service.
Officiants for Offsite Services
If you have already arranged with a funeral home to have the service somewhere other than Rocky Mountain Calvary, we do offer the service of having an officiant at the location of your choice. You may contact the Life Events Coordinator to see if a pastor is available for the selected date and time of the service.
We do offer a space to have a reception here for a fee, and the pricing is based on the estimated number of attendees and what services you would like provided. Please call the Life Events Coordinator (see below) for more information regarding what we offer and to get a quote.
We do allow for Honor Guard services to be performed during a service. Please speak with the Life Events Coordinator for more about arranging an Honor Guard service.
We offer livestreaming for all memorials that are performed in the Sanctuary. If you are unable to make the memorial service of a loved one, you can click here to watch it live. If you are unable to watch it during the time of the service, please contact the Life Events Coordinator to request a copy of the service recording (processing may take 1-2 weeks after the service is over).
Contact the Life Events Coordinator, Brenda Amburgey at 719-597-1133 for more information and/or to make any service arrangements.